This Starter Pack comes with one of each size pad, and a wetbag to carry them in.
A great way to build your stash and see which pads will suit you.
* Super Pad
* Regular Pad
* Light Pad
* Black wetbag
Wetbag is available with a Red, Black or White cord, please choose in the options.
Starter Pack Set
Washable menstrual pads are....washable! Hand wash or machine wash, dry in the sun or tumble dry if needed.Aku pads are made to be super easy to use, and are specifically designed with a soft black top to be STAIN FREE! You will never feel the need to hide your pads or worry about them hanging on the line in communal areas!
• Soft suede-cloth top wicks moisture away into the absorbent inner core.
• The Bamboo core has four times the durability and absorption of cotton. Bamboo has anti- bacterial and anti-fungal properties; a fast growing crop that requires less water and processing to produce and therefore has less impact on our environment.
• The pad is backed with a fast drying polyester knit that has been bonded to a breathable and water proof polyurethane film, that will last up to 1000 laundry cycles!
Simply place the pad in your underwear with the fluffy side towards your body, fold the wings around and underneath your gusset and snap the snaps together. (Wearing close fitting underwear during use helps to keep the pad in place.)
We recommend changing your pad at least every 4-6 hours depending on your flow and freshness requirements. They can be worn overnight. Simply fold the old pad up and clip the snaps together to contain any fluid, pop in a bag and or rinse when convenient.
To Hand Wash:
1. RINSE / SCRUB: Run them under cold water to remove blood, then soak in cold water for 20 minutes to 8 hours.
2. SCRUB: by hand with mild soap and water.
3. DRY: the washed pad in sunlight/low tumble dry.
To machine Wash:
1. Remove all blood by squeezing in cold water by hand.
2. Wash in a short cycle.
3. Tumble dry or hang in sunlight.
• Always use a clean and dry pad.
• Change once every 4-6 hours even on light flow days.
• Use mild soap to clean the pad; rinse thoroughly to make sure no soap remains on the pad.
• Dry it in direct sunlight when possible, or dry in your machine on low heat.
• Store in a clean and dry place.
• Wash the cloth pad before first use.
• While drying, do not fold the pad or keep on flat surface.
• Never use a wet/damp pad.
• Do not iron the cloth pad.